As the technology department head, I am responsible for the development of client websites and setting the direction for the company's technology platform.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and requirements. Create sitemaps and requirements. Provide estimates for project development.
- Build client websites from scratch using the Umbraco CMS.
- Create interactive site designs and web forms to support customer acquisition and lead generation activities.
- Construct workflows to automate customer journeys through marketing automation tools.
- Manage and mentor another developer, including one-on-ones and work prioritization.
- Document processes.
- Vet third-party partners to outsourcing development work.
- Guide the company in selecting internal tools.
Accountable for all technical delivery for ID Logistics. This includes project management, support, development and innovation. Leader and hiring manager for department. Key skills and accomplishments include:
- Improved the reputation of department from burden to trusted and essential partner. This was accomplished by building strong relationships throughout the company, effectively communicating timelines, deliverables and limitations.
- Delivered technical excellence in development by enforcing code standards, conducting peer code reviews, and leading training sessions to facilitate knowledge sharing and clean code practices.
- Created tangible valuable for the business by paying down technical debt and rewriting core libraries. Eliminated production errors and reduced the code base by ~80 percent. Reduced client onboarding time from more than 20 days to less than 1 day.
- Improved customer experience by integrating additional delivery vendors to meet customer needs. Improved reliability by organizing a chaotic development process to include semantic versioning, source control, test-driven development and business rule documentation.
- Provided leadership to the executive team by setting the direction and solutions available to improve customer experience, efficiency, and profitability. Supported operations and sought opportunities to reduce workload through automation.
- Ensured success for employees by coaching and providing feedback through regular coaching sessions and performance reviews. Scheduled the work for the department so team members were clear on expectations and were able to focus on high priority items.
- Recruited and developed top talent to further the success of the department and continued developing a servant leadership culture. Had the opportunity to both lead and act as a developer allowing me to advance the skill-sets of my employees in a tangible and efficient way. I am able to lead by example.
- Transitioned the IT organization through a corporate acquisition. Conducted documentation, gap analysis and integration plans to ensure best transitions. Invited to help on larger projects for the parent company.
Owning my own software consulting company allows me to work more closely with clients to understand their business and provide the best solutions. My commitment is: You bring your business knowledge. I bring the technology know-how. Together we turn problems into solutions.
- Negotiated contracts, scoped requirements, and created estimates of work.
- Developed Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and prototypes for startup clients.
- Tracked progress against project plan and delivered final software on-time and within budget.
Gathered requirements, designed and developed software. Mentored junior software developers and implemented object-oriented design practices.
Met clients to define requirements and close sales. Developed software and led teams to deliver technology solutions.
Lead analyst responsible for converting core Point of Service system from a mainframe to Windows-based technology. Coordinated internal and vendor resources to implement the project end-to-end.
An emphasis in Management Information Systems. Computer Science Minor.