Accountable for all technical delivery for ID Logistics. This includes project management, support, development and innovation. Leader and hiring manager for department. Key skills and accomplishments include:
- Improved the reputation of department from burden to trusted and essential partner. This was accomplished by building strong relationships throughout the company, effectively communicating timelines, deliverables and limitations.
- Delivered technical excellence in development. by enforcing code standards, conducting peer code reviews and leading training sessions to facilitate knowledge sharing and clean code practices.
- Created tangible valuable for the business by paying down technical debt and rewriting core libraries. Eliminated production errors and reduced the code base by ~80 percent. Reduced client onboarding time from more than 20 days to less than 1 day.
- Improved customer experience by integrating additional delivery vendors to meet customer needs. Improved reliability by organizing a chaotic development process to include semantic versioning, source control, test-driven development and business rule documentation.
- Provide leadership to the executive team by setting the direction and solutions available to improve customer experience, efficiency and profitability. Support operations and seek opportunities to reduce workload through automation.
- Ensure success for employees by coaching and providing feedback through regular coaching sessions and performance reviews. Schedule the work for the department so team members are clear on expectations and are able to focus on high priority items.
- Recruit and develop top talent to further the success of the department and continue developing a servant leadership culture. Having the opportunity to both lead and act as a developer allows me to advance the skill-sets of my employees in a tangible and efficient way. I am able to lead by example.
- Transitioned the IT organization through a corporate acquisition. Conducted documentation, gap analysis and integration plans to ensure best transitions. Invited to help on larger projects for the parent company.
Owning my own software consulting company allows me to work more closely with clients to understand their business and provide the best solutions. My commitment is: You bring your business knowledge. I bring the technology know-how. Together we turn problems into solutions.
- Negotiated contracts, scoped requirements, and created estimates of work.
- Developed Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and prototypes for startup clients.
- Tracked progress against project plan and delivered final software on-time and within budget.
Gathered requirements, designed and developed software. Mentored junior software developers and implemented object-oriented design practices.
Met clients to define requirements and close sales. Developed software and led teams to deliver technology solutions.
Lead analyst responsible for converting core Point of Service system from a mainframe to Windows-based technology. Coordinated internal and vendor resources to implement the project end-to-end.
An emphasis in Management Information Systems. Computer Science Minor.